PAY IT FORWARD
The Social Voice Project is dedicated to helping a wide range of non-profit organizations, community-oriented projects, and those who value the history, voices, and stories in our communities. Our many podcast-partners and their guests agree that our creative, high-quality podcasting benefits their organizations, businesses, and projects.
The process of producing, field recording, editing, publishing, and hosting podcasts on the internet takes a lot of effort and it’s very costly. However, TSVP continues to underwrite and subsidize much of this work at our own expense. Unfortunately, there are times when we have to end certain podcast projects because podcasters simply do not contribute as they should to the creative process or helping us secure financial and public support.
The good news is that you can help support our mission to produce community podcasting by actively promoting your own podcast or recent guest appearance.
Promoting your show helps us reach new listeners, grow our audience, and potentially find advertisers and sponsors to help cover the costs of our community-focused podcasting. Here’s how you can help:
Tell your fans and friends about your new podcast episode.
Create website and social media posts about your new episode. Tag your guests.
Ask your fans and guests to share, like, and comment on your new episode.
HERE'S WHY IT MATTERS
Advertise and grow awareness of your show
Find and develop the audience that matters to you
Invite support through underwriting, advertising, and donating
Spread the Word. Tell family and friends. These are the people most likely to share your interests or at least have an interest in what you’re doing. So let them know and encourage them to spread the word.
Get others talking. Ask your audience in every episode to subscribe, rate, review, like, and share your podcast on their favorite podcast platforms such as Apple Podcasts and social media sites such as Facebook and Instagram.
Use Social Media. Promote your podcast on social media and encourage others to do the same. Go to Twitter, Facebook, Linked in, Tumblr, Instagram, Google Plus and other popular social media sites.
- Start a Twitter account or create a Facebook and G+ page, etc. in the name of your podcast.
- Invite your friends to follow and share your posts.
- Post interesting information related to your podcast in general and for each episode.
- Like, follow, share and make comments on other pages in your genre.
- Create a YouTube channel for your podcast (it's the second largest search engine).
- Make sure you include a link to your podcast's website everywhere.
Podcasts tend to have small, niche audiences that are very interested in the show. This is your podcast’s audience, and you should try to find and grow this audience specifically. Don’t worry about reaching everyone. Connect with your fans and build your audience from there.
Reach Out, Network, Cross Promote
- Connect with similar podcasters in your niche area and form supportive friendships. Promote and support their shows as well and talk about what they are doing.
- Welcome guests to be on your show and offer to be a guest on other podcasts.
- Create business cards and hand—out promotional material for your podcast, such as flyers and brochures.
- Attend conferences, events and meetups to promote your podcast and meet others interested in podcasting.
- Create your own merchandise for your podcast, such as hats, shirts, mugs, or whatever you think would be desirable to your particular audience.
- Involve your audience by asking for their input, advice, and suggestions about the show. They can even sport your merchandise.
- Reward devoted listeners by mentioning them on the show, promoting their interests, or giving them some merchandise.
- Ask your audience to financially support your podcast through underwriting, adverting, and donations. Set up a Patreon account or some other crowd-sourcing support mechanism.
Your podcast audience will support what they think is important and worthwhile, so fundraising to support your podcast has to be meaningful and purposeful for them. Here are some of the ways to resource your podcast:
- Connect directly with your audience (individuals or organizations that value your podcast).
- Ask for donations in specific amounts ("Please show your support for our podcast with a $10 gift")
- Set up crowd sourcing, such as a Patreon, Kickstarter, Indiegogo.
- Connect with individuals or organizations that value your podcast and could benefit in some way from supporting it.
- Offer underwriting to cover an entire podcast season, block of shows, or specific episodes.
- Connect with commercial businesses, services, or organizations that could benefit in some way from exposure to our audience.
- Offer advertising to cover entire podcast season, block of shows, or an episode.
- Use pre-recorded “drop in” commercials or conversational “soft” promotional spots.
Nonprofit Foundation & Government Support
- Seek grants and funding that might support your podcast as part of organizational or project programming (yes, podcasts can be considered programming and one of the ways you fulfill your mission).
Tell your fans and friends about your guest appearance.
Create website and social media posts about your guest appearance.
Ask your fans and friends to share, like, and comment on the podcast episode.
HERE'S WHY IT MATTERS
Grow your audience
Support the podcaster
Spread the Word. Being a guest on a podcast promotes your business, service, organization, or event. Why not tell all your family, friends, and associates about it?
Get others talking. Being a guest on a podcast gives you "outside" exposure and credibility. It lets your audience know that you've been noticed and recognized by someone with media status and clout.
Use Social Media. Take advantage of the podcast's promotional posts on social media by commenting, liking, and sharing to your own social media platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, Linked in, Tumblr, Instagram, Google Plus and other popular social media sites.
Reach Out, Network, Cross Promote. Promoting your podcast appearance helps connect your audience and fans with the podcast's audience and fans. Everyone wins when we can make these connections and build our audiences together--it's called mutual support.
Pay It Forward. Being a guest on a podcast to talk about yourself and to promote your business, service, or organization really benefits you as much as it does the podcast. It's common professional courtesy to promote your appearance and the podcast as a way of saying thanks for the free publicity and chance to grow your audience.
WHAT WE DO
Podcast development and consulting
Podcast design and technical production
Podcast producing, network publication, and promotion
TSVP is committed to the success of our podcasters. If you sound good, we sound good. That's why we provide exceptional podcasting services from creative consulting and full technical media production, to producing, publishing, and promotional support.
Project Development & Design
- Creative and technical consulting and advisement
- Collaborative partnership or fee-for-service projects
- On-site field recording, internet/telephonic recording, location-sound, engineering using professional industry-standard equipment
- Dynamic and condenser mics such as Shure, Electro-Voice, Neumann, MXL, Sennheiser, Audio-Technica, Rode, and Sanken
- Wired, wireless, table-top, boom, or lavalier mics
- Recording decks include Sound Devices, Roland, ZOOM field recorders
- Tracking using multi-track technique, uncompressed HD audio, mono or stereo set ups for close mic and ambient/audience captures
- Audio processing includes inboard and outboard gear, such as Focusrite, PreSonus, and Cloud Lifter preamps, Sound Craft and Berringer mixers, and dbx audio compressors/noise gates
Editing & Sound Design
- Premium editing designed specifically for podcasting
- Projects conform to industry technical standards and best practices
- 3rd party content and file editing available
- Content/dynamics editing
- Custom sound design including music scoring and sound effects
- Voice over work available
- Promotional content creation (advertising spots)
PRODUCING, PUBLICATION, PROMOTION
- Consulting and advisement
- Booking and guest assistance
- Stage direction and performance coaching
Media Publishing - TSVP Podcast Network
- Dedicated podcast webpage
- Individualized episode postings
- Dynamic media player (with download, subscribe, embed functionality)
- Graphic design & show notes
- Social media integration (with dedicated Facebook podcast page, cross posting)
- Industry standard technical media specs (high quality mp3 rendering, meta tag insertion)
- Podcast publishing to major podcast platforms
- Comprehensive podcast metrics (including total/unique listens, geographics, sources, webpage visits, etc.)
Advertising & Marketing
- Consulting and advisement
- TSVP Podcast Network presence
- Social media promotions