TSVPN Local History Podcast Initiative
Living History Now PodcastThe Living History Now Podcast is hosted by WWII reenactor Bob Rivers and features stories, topics, and events related to a wide range of historical reenacting activities of all eras.
The Magical Coach Podcast (In Progress)Now in existence for over 6 years, the Larry Bruno Foundation, a nonprofit organization with the support of Beaver Falls native Joe Namath, continues to expand its Hall of Achievement and History Center located in the Carnegie Free Library of Beaver Falls, as well as providing scholarships and offerings to students from Beaver Falls and surrounding communities for their academic and athletic achievements. The Larry Bruno Foundation's mission is to cultivate a culture in our community to develop student athletes and academic achievements by promoting professional coaching, team building, and family development.
Air Heritage Podcast (In Progress)Air Heritage Podcast is the official podcast of Air Heritage, Inc. featuring stories and news about the Air Heritage Museum and Beaver County aviation history. The Air Heritage Museum and Aircraft Restoration Facility is a non-profit aviation museum and aircraft restoration facility located just north of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at the Beaver County Airport (KBVI).
Allegheny-Kiski Chronicle PodcastAlle-Kiski Chronicle explores and showcases topics celebrating the cultural, industrial, and ethnic heritage of the Allegheny and Kiskiminetas River valleys in Southwestern Pennsylvania.
Little Beaver Historical Society PodcastThe Little Beaver Historical Society Podcast features stories and news about the Little Beaver Historical Society and local history of northern Beaver County, Pennsylvania. The Little Beaver Historical Society is a non-profit organization located in Darlington, Pa. The Society maintains three museums, an authentic log cabin, and working forge.
Other Local History Podcasts
- Brattleboro Historical Society – Since its founding in 1982, the Brattleboro Historical Society has worked to shelter and share locally significant facts and artifacts so present and future generations can learn from the past.
- The Saturday Light Brigade – SLBRadio Oral History Programs of Pittsburgh connect teens with adult role models in their communities.
- East Bay Yesterday – East Bay history podcast that gathers, shares & celebrate stories from Oakland, Berkeley, Richmond and other towns throughout Alameda and Contra Costa Counties.
- Grayson County Historical Society – The Grayson County Historical Society of Kentucky strives to preserve the history of the county and make its findings open for public use through a museum and research library.
- Lorain Historical Society – The Lorain Historical Society (Loraine, Ohio) engages members of the community and visitors in their shared and diverse history through preservation, education, collaborations, and exciting programming for all ages, so that we learn from the past, develop civic pride, and transform the future.
- Hurstories – Local history podcast written, edited, and produced by the students of Mercyhurst University’s Digital History: Storytelling class.
- Montana Historical Society – The Montana Historical Society is the guardian of Montana’s memory. Established in 1865, the oldest institution of its kind in the West.
- Audio Tour Ocala/Local History For Young Adults – Robin And The Giant is the stage name for Robin MacBlane and Larry Whitler. They are radio hosts in Ocala, Florida, at radio station WOCA The Source 96.3 FM and 1370 AM.
- Center for Local History, Arlington Public Library – Collecting, Preserving, Sharing our Comunity’s History.
- Virginia Historical Society – The Virginia Historical Society (VHS) was founded in 1831, making it the fourth-oldest such institution in the nation.
- Brooklyn Historical Society – BHS connects the past to the present and makes the vibrant history of Brooklyn tangible, relevant, and meaningful for today’s diverse communities, and for generations to come.
- Local History Matters (a collaboration w/ Ramsey Middle School) – Southside Media Project partnership with Ramsey Middle School for students to identify local places of interest, research their history and significance, then write, record, and edit short radio segments reporting on what they found.
- Richmond Local History (London, UK) – Exploring the history of Richmond, Kew, Petersham and Ham, United Kingdom.