On-Air Radio Personality
856-906-9123 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Frank Lewis was born and raised in Beaver Falls, Pa and grew up dreaming of being on the radio. After graduating from high school he went to broadcasting school and before long got an internship in Pittsburgh working for a sports network. At the age of 19 he was covering all of the major sports teams in the city and also got his first on-air job working part-time at a local AM radio station.
It wasn’t long before Frank got his first full-time radio job doing afternoon drive at a local FM station. Always looking to advance his career, he started doing funny characters on his friends morning show on WAMO (Urban) in Pittsburgh. Much to his surprise he received a phone call from the Program Director of the station who wanted to meet with him. The meeting went great, he got hired to be a sidekick on the morning show and the rest as they say is history.
Franks radio journey then took him to Florida for 6 years where in addition to hosting his own morning show he got the acting bug and did local theater. He also returned to his love of sports and became a fill in host for a TV sports talk show, worked as the PA announcer for the New York Mets during spring training and was the PA announcer for the Treasure Coast Tropics minor league basketball team.
After tiring of the Florida heat Frank headed back up north where he got an offer in Philadelphia to do the night show at WEJM (Jammin’ Gold) Seven months later the station changed formats and Frank was let go. He wasn’t unemployed long as he was hired to be a part of the WOGL (Classic Hits) morning show. For the next 15 years he co-hosted and then hosted the morning show there where he wrote comedy bits, song parodies, created characters, hosted singing contests and did pretty much everything to help make the show one of Philadelphia’s most listened to morning show’s as well as being voted “Best Morning Show in Philadelphia” and “Best Morning Show in Pennsylvania”
Always looking to give back to the community, Frank became involved with many charities including Special Olympics where he was on the State Committee of New Jerseys “Law Enforcement Torch Run” which benefits Special Olympics. Frank is an avid sports fan who loves to cook, golf and travel. He’s hosted 7 consecutive sold out listener trips to Ireland as well as 8 cruises, including 3 to Hawaii and 2 to Alaska.
- 1992-1994 WAMO Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- 1994-1997 WHLG Stuart, Florida
- 1997-2000 WQOL Port St Lucie, Florida
- 2000-2001 WEJM Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 2002-2017 WOGL Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia – Helped raise millions of dollars over 16 years as part of our annual Radiothon.
- Special Olympics New Jersey – Volunteered 9 years for the annual Summer Games as well as participating and raising money for the annual Polar Bear Plunge.
- Police Athletic League of Philadelphia (PAL) – Helped raise awareness of this great organization by annually participating in the celebrity softball game prior to a Phillies game and also playing in the celebrity basketball game at halftime of a 76ers game.
- American Heart Association – Helped raise awareness of heart disease by annually participating in the “Home Runs For Heart” event at Citizens Bank Park.
- Alex’s Lemonade Stand – Volunteered annually at the CBS3 telethon to help fight childhood cancer.
- Travis Manion Foundation – Participated annually in the 9/11 “Heroes Run.”